In this introduction to mech mods guide we tell you what you need to know to use mech mods safely and how to get the most out of them. The information in this article can be used by vape shops in printed material but cannot be produced on your website.
Mech Mods are not for beginners as you need to be fully aware of battery safety and have an understanding of ohms law. This article is for informational purposes only and this website or the producers of the video will not be held responsible for any damages that occur from using a mech mod. We only cover the basics very briefly in this article and we highly recommend you do some extra research before using a mech mod. If you are new to vaping then you are best sticking with purchasing a box mod as they contain a range of safety features and are considered much safer to use that a mechanical mod.
What is a Mech Mod?
A mechanical mod is basically a tube that requires a replaceable battery and it contains a fire button that delivers an unregulated battery current to the atomiser. They contain no wiring, soldering or electrical circuits. There are usually no protection features found in mech mods which you will usually find in box mods which are much safer to use.
Why would you use one?
- They are very durable
- Customised look and unique designs
Tips for Mech Mod Safety:
- Ensure there are air holes in your mech mod to allow gases to be released in case your battery starts to not operate correctly and prevent possible explosion or overheating
- Check your pins and connections and always ensure your battery is in the correct way
- Use a multimeter to check battery voltage and the resistance in your atomisers/tanks
- Buy good quality batteries and a dedicated charger
- Dispose of damaged batteries with signs of wear or leakage
- Avoid battery stacking and stick to using a single battery
- Remove batteries when the mech mod is not in use
- Do not use discharged batteries and do not overcharge your batteries
- Consider adding a fuse
- Use a mech mod with a fire button lock
Other useful resources: