In this short Innokin Coolfire 4 review, we will mainly focus on the differences between the Coolfire TC100 and the Coolfire 4 TC 18650.
Innokin has released yet another Coolfire IV still featuring the new Aethon chip with all its advanced features and temperature control as first seen in the TC 100 version.
To confuse things even more, there are 2 versions of the Coolfire IV TC18650. Innokin has provided some fantastic high-quality pictures on what you get in each kit which can be viewed here.
The complete kit includes an iSub V temperature control tank and silicon protection battery cover, this is available in brushed black, brushed silver and pure white.
The limited edition travel kit does not include the iSub V tank but contains a travel case and an integrated battery power level checker, this is available in black, silver, red and blue with a brushed finish.
The main difference is compared to the Coolfire TC100 is that this takes one single 18650 battery which means no built in battery limitations. This is important for most vapers that want to switch their batteries when their old one is flat. Bear in mind that you will also need to buy an 18650 charger which may set you back another £15 approximately as the mod does not charge batteries.
The Coolfire is much small than previous innokin products such as the Innokin MVP 3.0 for instance.
The wattage has been lowered to 75 watts so it has slightly less power than the Coolfire TC100 but provides plenty of power for most vapers.
The Aethon chip featured in both the TC100 and TC 18650 is described by Innokin as ultra-fast and accurate for the temperature control mode and can calibrate SS316L, Ni200, and Titanium coils.
You have a good range of 18650 batteries that can be used with this MOD but you should be using anything with 20 amps or higher. The battery is easy to remove and replace and contains a pull out clip at the bottom so you can screw or unscrew the battery cap then simply slide the battery out.
The build quality is excellent and it is also very compact. The brushed finish is really stylish and range of colours available.
The screen is nice and clear and can be rotated, it displays the remaining battery level, voltage, ohms and puff timer.
When you connect your choice of tank to the Coolfire 4 then the display will ask you what type of coil is installed, choices include Ni, Ti, SS and W (Wattage).
The iSub tanks have a fantastic reputation and this one really deliver with huge cloud production and excellent taste from juices.
You can expect to pay around £40-£50 for the complete kit if you shop around in the UK. You will also need to purchase an 18650 battery which will set you back another £5-£8 for something like the Samsung 25R.
In the box (complete kit):
- Innokin Coolfire4 TC18650 75W Mod
- English instructions manual
- Innokin iSub V Tank
- SS316L BVC 0.5ohm head
- KAL BVC 0.5ohm head
- Silicone Battery Sleeve
- Tank Band
- Set of Spare O-rings
Coolfire 4 TC-18650 specifications and features:
- Operating Wattage: 6.0 – 75.0 W (Max)
- Max Working Current: 27.5A
- Max Output Voltage: 7.5V
- 510 Threaded Connection
- 18650 Battery required (sold separately)
- AETHON Temperature Control Board
- Temp Control Modes for Nickel (Ni200), Titanium (Ti), Stainless Steel 316 (SS316)
- Temp Control Range: 150-315°C / 300-600°F
- Min Resistance Coils: 0.1ohm
- Resistance for TC Mode: Ni200 – 0.1 – 0.2ohm | Ti 0.1 – 0.5ohm | SS316L 0.2 – 1.0ohm
- Requires an External Charger (Sold Separately)
- Dry Hit Detection and Prevention
- UltraFast response which only takes .2 seconds from Click to Vapor!
- Precision Temp Control
- Ultra-Low External Heat Generation
- Direct Current with Steady Power Output
- Balanced Even Coil Heat-Up
- Dry Hit Detection and Prevention
- Ultra Low Standby Power Consumption
Innokin iSub V tank specifications and features:
- Top-Fill system
- Compatible with iSub coils
- Made from 100% Stainless Steel
- 3ml Liquid Capacity
- Adjustable Airflow
- Replaceable Glass Tank
- Removable Delrin Drip Tip
- No Spill Coil Swap System